Most Active Stories
- Statehouse Casino Debate Pits Owners Against Each Another, Neighboring States
- Amazon Opening Brings Questions Of Space Use, Competition
- 65,000 Hoosiers Could Be Affected By Food Stamp Changes
- Struggling To Get Teens To Practice Their Musical Instruments? Purdue May Have An App For That
- Ritz Supporters Warn Of Backlash At The Polls
Media Sponsorship Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in partnering with WBAA Public Radio AM 920 and FM 101.3. The following information should be helpful in determining if your event or request fits within our media sponsorship guidelines. Although WBAA would like to fulfill every request, it may not be possible due to volume.
WBAA participates in media sponsorships as part of our mission to serve our listeners and community.
Media Sponsorship Guidelines & Criteria:
- Events or programs must be submitted by a not-for-profit organization or non-profit agency.
- Events or programs should have appeal and value to WBAA's audience and/or provide some service or benefit to the community, listeners and/or members.
- Events or programs should be relative to the geographic region served by WBAA's stations.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that target a diverse population or address a community need.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that reinforce WBAA's mission or on-air programs.
- Events or programs related to candidates for office or political organizations can not be fulfilled.
- Priority will be given to events or programs that include reciprocal benefits for WBAA. Examples of benefits a non-profit organization could provide include: featuring our on-air staff, volunteer opportunities or WBAA presence at the event, logo placement in programs and other printed materials, inclusion in other media placement, links between websites, on-site announcements or signage, etc.
- Media sponsorships do not guarantee news coverage.
Media Sponsorship Scheduling Information:
- Media sponsorships will be scheduled through WBAA's Total Audience Plan, meaning on-air announcements will be guaranteed but rotate throughout our available spots.
- Media sponsorship announcements will be aired 2-4 weeks prior to the event.
- A limited number of media sponsorships will be scheduled during WBAA on-air membership campaigns.
- Media sponsorship announcements will be written in a neutral language that does not endorse, promote or call to action, but rather shares information and details of the event or program. WBAA cannot accept pre-recorded spots.
- WBAA can not include other sponsor information on promotional announcements. Only the non-profit organization and event information can be aired. The organization may also wish to promote the event or program beyond the media sponsorship. In those cases WBAA can offer a corporate support agreement for paid spots at a discounted, non-profit rate.
Media Sponsorship Submission Information:
- Please send your event's information packet including the date, contact person's information, name of the non-profit organization and contact information, website address, details of the event or program, projected attendance, brief description of the event, demographic profile of participants and attendees, ticket or entrance details, other sponsors and media partners committed to date, and briefly how you plan to promote the event. These details will be used for consideration of your request.
- Please mail, fax, or email all requests at least 6 weeks before the event date. We recommend sending information 8-12 weeks in advance from May to September, due to volume.
- If you have any questions, please contact WBAA for clarification.
Please send your media sponsorship request to:
WBAA Public Radio at Purdue University
712 Third Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907
Phone: (765) 494-5920
Fax: (765) 496-1542