As a public media entity, WBAA makes every effort to be as transparent as possible in order to comply with the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). Below you will find documents and information related to WBAA’s contact, governance, meetings, management, finances, and diversity initiatives.
There are also certain public inspection files that are a requirement of the Federal Communications Commission. They are placed here so members of the public may have free access to these reports. These reports are also available for inspection at the offices of WBAA, 712 Third St., West Lafayette, IN 47907. WBAA maintains a list of organizations that are notified when there are WBAA employment opportunities. If you would like your organization to be notified of these employment opportunities, please contact WBAA at (765) 494-5920.
WBAA public file documents at the FCC -
- WBAA AM - https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/am-profile/wbaa
- WBAA FM - https://publicfiles.fcc.gov/fm-profile/wbaa-fm
Contact Information for WBAA
712 Third St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907
WBAA subscribes to the Public Media Code of Integrity. Click here for more.
WBAA is governed by Purdue University Board of Trustees. Location of Trustees meetings vary depending on the schedule. Unless otherwise indicated, West Lafayette meetings are held at locations on the Purdue University campus including:
· Westwood, 500 McCormick Road
· Stewart Center, Room 326
· Purdue Memorial Union, Room 306
Dates of stated meetings and executive sessions scheduled through calendar year 2018 are below:
December 7-8, 2017
February 8-9, 2018
April 5-6, 2018 (at PNW Westville)
June 14-15, 2018
August 2-3, 2018
October 11-12, 2018
December 6-7, 2018
February 7-8, 2019
April 11-12, 2019
June 13-14, 2019
August 1-2, 2019
October 3-4, 2019
December 5-6, 2019
Meeting dates, times, and locations of stated meetings of the Purdue University Board of Trustees are included in the public notice of meetings as prescribed by Indiana Code 5-14-1.5-5. Indiana Code 5-14-1.5-6.1 provides for executive sessions of the Purdue University Board of Trustees, for which public notice is also made, but which are not open to members of the public.
Such public notices of stated meetings and executive sessions may be found on the Purdue University Board of Trustees website at www.purdue.edu/bot by clicking on ‘Meetings’ at the top.
Janice Indrutz, Executive Assistant to the Board and Corporate Secretary is responsible for public notices of meetings and executive sessions.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
Purdue University’s Board of Trustees and WBAA’s Management Team are listed below
|Sonny Beck||Atlanta, IN||2013-2019|
|Michael Berghoff (Chairman)||Indianapolis, IN||2009-2018|
|JoAnn Brouillette||West Lafayette, IN||2006-2018|
|Vanessa Castagna||Dallas, TX||2013-2018|
|Malcolm DeKryger||DeMotte, IN||2016-2019|
|Michael Klipsch||Carmel, IN||2015-2017|
|Gary Lehman||Lafayette, IN||2010-2017|
|Daniel Romary||New Haven, IN||2017-2019|
|Thomas Spurgeon (Vice Chairman)||Peoria, IL||2005-2017|
|Don Thompson||Chicago, IL||2009-2019|
Richard Miles, General Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org - (765) 494-3960
Greg Kostraba, Content Director – email@example.com – (765) 494-3961
Stan Jastrzebski, News Director – firstname.lastname@example.org – (765) 494-3969
Financial Statement Information
WBAA provides copies of its annual audit and report for no charge to those interesting in receiving a paper copy. The document may be provided via e-mail or US mail by calling WBAA at (765) 494-5920. It is also available for pick-up in person at:
712 Third St.
West Lafayette, IN 47907
- 2017 Audited Financial Statement - Schedule A - CPB (PDF)
- 2017 Audit (PDF)
- 2017 Audit Report (PDF)
WBAA's 2016 Employment Statistical Report and Local Content and Services Report are available for review in person at the main studio.
WBAA Diversity Statement
WBAA strives to ascertain that its staff is reflective of the diverse population it serves. Additionally, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting’s (CPB) Diversity Eligibility Criteria requires public media organizations to adopt formal goals for diversity and to report annually on steps taken to work toward those goals. These actions are required for all stations receiving Community Service Grant funds (CSG).
To that end, WBAA has set the following diversity goals:
- To recruit and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of our service area.
- To provide equal opportunity in employment.
- To educate our management and staff annually in best practices for maintaining an inclusive and diverse environment for all persons.
- To assist in developing a more diverse future workforce with professional skills in the broadcasting/media industry by recruiting diverse candidates for WBAA internship opportunities and/or by participating in minority or other diversity job fairs.
In addition, WBAA shall undertake one of the following initiatives on an annual basis:
- Include individuals representing diverse groups in internships or work-study programs designed to provide meaningful professional level experience in order to reflect the diversity of the communities they serve and further public broadcasting’s commitment to education;
- Participate in minority or other diversity job fairs; or
- Implement formal diversity training programs for management and appropriate staff.
WBAA will also interview at least one qualified diversity candidate as available for each senior leadership position hired. The term senior leadership position includes General Manager, Content Director, and News Director.