Most Active Stories
Public Service Announcement Guidelines
Guidelines for airing Public Service Announcements on WBAA Public Radio AM 920 and FM 101.3. WBAA broadcasts Public Service Announcements (PSAs) as part of our mission to serve our listeners and community.
- Events or information must be submitted by a not-for-profit organization or non-profit agency.
- Events or information should have appeal and value to WBAA's audience and/or provide some service or benefit to the community, listeners and/or members.
- Events should be located in the geographic region served by WBAA's stations.
- Events or information related to candidates for office or political organizations will not be aired.
PSA Scheduling Information:
- PSAs will be scheduled based on airtime availability and are selected at the discretion of the PSA Coordinator. Placement and frequency cannot be guaranteed. Guaranteed schedules are only available through the purchase of corporate support or a media sponsorship agreement.
- Events that are free to the public will have priority.
- Events or information relating to WBAA programming or WBAA's mission will have priority.
- PSAs will not be scheduled during WBAA on-air membership campaigns.
- PSAs should be written in a neutral language, sharing information and details about the event.
PSA Submission Information:
- WBAA does not air pre-recorded PSAs.
- PSA requests must be self-submitted by entering the event information on WBAA's online calendar at least 2 weeks before the event date. We recommend 3-4 weeks notice for events from May to September. (Due to the volume of PSA information we receive, we will no longer accept submissions via telephone, email or mail.)
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com, or call 765-494-5920.