Most Active Stories
- Purdue RFRA Response Differs From Other Colleges
- Long-Awaited Asian American And Asian Resource And Cultural Center To Open At Purdue
- Marion Co. Prosecutor Opposes RFRA Because Of Legal Worries
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Dorm Wars And Purdue Leave
- Pence Inks RFRA As Businesses Begin Shrinking Investment In Indiana
Mon September 23, 2013
World Cafe Next: Ásgeir
Originally published on Tue October 29, 2013 10:16 am
Musically speaking, we travel to Iceland for Monday's installment of World Cafe: Next. Our featured artist is Ásgeir, a 21-year-old singer-songwriter who's on his way to making history. After releasing his debut album (In the Silence) in his homeland last year, the singer has the best-selling and fastest-selling debut album ever in Iceland. In terms of sales, the phenom has surpassed the work of Ásgeir's fellow Icelandic stars Bjork and Sigur Rós.
This episode features two tracks from the English-language version of In the Silence, which comes out in the U.S. on Oct. 29.