This Is NPR
Fri February 22, 2013
Vote For Best Picture In The 'I Heart NPR' Category
We're rolling out our own red carpet for the 2013 Academy Awards with Oscar contenders who have announced their love for NPR on camera.
While the Academy is keeping the official envelopes sealed until Sunday, vote now for your favorite fan of NPR from this year's batch of Oscar-nominated films and actors.
Even if your pick doesn't take home a statue this weekend, check back after the ceremony to see if he or she won our Best "I Heart NPR" Picture. And browse NPR's Oscars 2013 page for reviews, nominee interviews and up-to-date special coverage.
You don't have to be in Tinseltown to get in on the Oscar buzz. Check out what NPR Member Stations across the country have in the works:
- Brush up on the nominees leading up to the gala event with a special Oscar series from Southern California's KPCC. Read a round up of the critics' predictions here. Be sure to print an Oscar ballot and bingo card to follow the action at home, too.
- Pull back the velvet curtain with New York's WNYC for "Oscar...Totally Naked," a special broadcast hosted by Kristen Meinzer of The Takeaway and Rafer Guzman of Newsday.
- Hear a panel of film critics dish on their favorite (and least favorite) nominees on the Forum with Michael Krasny Northern California station KQED.
- From WCPN in Cleveland, Ohio, listen to Dee Perry's annual Oscar show and hear listeners call in their predictions.
- For a scholarly take on the nominees, hear film professors discuss their picks and answer listener questions on WAMC Northeast Public Radio.
- Join fans of Philadelphia's WXPN in sharing their favorite Oscar movie soundtracks and songs on the station's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Count down the listener picks for greatest movie soundtracks with Classical KUSC in Los Angeles.