Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Fri May 11, 2012
Purdue unveils official presidential bust of France Cordova
Purdue's eleventh president joins her predecessors in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union.
The bust of France Cordova was unveiled Friday at a ceremony with the members of the Board of Trustees and other administrators on hand.
Chairman Keith Krach, Vice Chairman Tom Spurgeon, and John Hardin, who chaired the search committee that selected Cordova as president, spoke about her courage to be the first female president and other highlights of her tenure.
Cordova, first gentleman Christian Foster, and members of the board helped pull the black veil off the bust.
It was created by Cincinnatti artist John Hebenstreit through Sincerus Bronze Art in Indianapolis.