Most Active Stories
- From Paleo To Plant-Based, New Report Ranks Top Diets Of 2015
- Proposed E-Cigarette Regulations Creating Controversy
- Pence's Education Policy Could Foretell Of A White House Run
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
- Pence's Teacher Performance Pay Plan Unpopular With Educators
Fri May 11, 2012
Purdue unveils official presidential bust of France Cordova
Purdue's eleventh president joins her predecessors in the Great Hall of the Memorial Union.
The bust of France Cordova was unveiled Friday at a ceremony with the members of the Board of Trustees and other administrators on hand.
Chairman Keith Krach, Vice Chairman Tom Spurgeon, and John Hardin, who chaired the search committee that selected Cordova as president, spoke about her courage to be the first female president and other highlights of her tenure.
Cordova, first gentleman Christian Foster, and members of the board helped pull the black veil off the bust.
It was created by Cincinnatti artist John Hebenstreit through Sincerus Bronze Art in Indianapolis.