Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
- Indiana Group Accusing Fannie Mae Of Racial Discrimination
Wed December 7, 2011
Purdue Tops Western Carolina
Purdue’s men’s basketball team rebounded from its second loss of the season with a 65-60 win over Western Carolina.
The Boilers were down at halftime, but regained the lead early in the second period en route to their eighth win of the season
Head Coach Matt Painter says his team’s struggles are due in part to ailing physically, but says they need to also be mentally stronger.
The win is the 23rd in a row for Purdue inside Mackey Arena.
Robbie Hummel led all scorers with 19 and Lewis Jackson added 15.
The Boilers take on Eastern Michigan Saturday at home at four.