Most Active Stories
- Bill Would Open Birth Parent Records To More Adoptees
- Agribusiness Conference Touts Indiana As Possible 'Silicon Valley' Of Ag
- El Rodeo Owners Cop To Massively Under-reporting Sales Taxes
- Purdue Research Shows Some Meteorites Contain Planetary Residue
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
Wed December 7, 2011
Purdue Tops Western Carolina
Purdue’s men’s basketball team rebounded from its second loss of the season with a 65-60 win over Western Carolina.
The Boilers were down at halftime, but regained the lead early in the second period en route to their eighth win of the season
Head Coach Matt Painter says his team’s struggles are due in part to ailing physically, but says they need to also be mentally stronger.
The win is the 23rd in a row for Purdue inside Mackey Arena.
Robbie Hummel led all scorers with 19 and Lewis Jackson added 15.
The Boilers take on Eastern Michigan Saturday at home at four.