Most Active Stories
- Purdue Student Convicted Of Murder Found Dead In Jail Cell
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Ebola And State Ed. Funding
- State And IBM Going Before Indiana Supreme Court Thursday
- State Supreme Court Agrees To Hear Case About School Bus Fees
- Tippecanoe County polling locations set for 2014 primary election
Thu December 8, 2011
Man Killed by Train Identified
A person has been killed after reportedly walking in front of a train in downtown Lafayette.
Emergency crews were called to Riehle Plaza around 8 a.m. Thursdsay.
Police identify the man as Brad Babcock, 20, of West Lafayette.
Witnesses say he stepped onto the tracks in front of the approaching Amtrak train, which was bound for Chicago.
The incident is not considered at criminal matter, but is under investigation by the Tippecanoe County Coroner.