Most Active Stories
- Long-Awaited Asian American And Asian Resource And Cultural Center To Open At Purdue
- Marion Co. Prosecutor Opposes RFRA Because Of Legal Worries
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- Pence Inks RFRA As Businesses Begin Shrinking Investment In Indiana
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Dorm Wars And Purdue Leave
Thu December 8, 2011
Man Killed by Train Identified
A person has been killed after reportedly walking in front of a train in downtown Lafayette.
Emergency crews were called to Riehle Plaza around 8 a.m. Thursdsay.
Police identify the man as Brad Babcock, 20, of West Lafayette.
Witnesses say he stepped onto the tracks in front of the approaching Amtrak train, which was bound for Chicago.
The incident is not considered at criminal matter, but is under investigation by the Tippecanoe County Coroner.