Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
- Indiana Group Accusing Fannie Mae Of Racial Discrimination
Thu December 8, 2011
Man Killed by Train Identified
A person has been killed after reportedly walking in front of a train in downtown Lafayette.
Emergency crews were called to Riehle Plaza around 8 a.m. Thursdsay.
Police identify the man as Brad Babcock, 20, of West Lafayette.
Witnesses say he stepped onto the tracks in front of the approaching Amtrak train, which was bound for Chicago.
The incident is not considered at criminal matter, but is under investigation by the Tippecanoe County Coroner.