Most Active Stories
- Bill Would Open Birth Parent Records To More Adoptees
- Agribusiness Conference Touts Indiana As Possible 'Silicon Valley' Of Ag
- El Rodeo Owners Cop To Massively Under-reporting Sales Taxes
- Purdue Research Shows Some Meteorites Contain Planetary Residue
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
Mon March 18, 2013
Lafayette's Centennial Townhomes project seeks developer
The effort to tear down the old Midwest Rentals buildings in Lafayette’s Historic Centennial Neighborhood continues.
A request for proposals last summer didn’t attract any ideas.
Economic Development Director Dennis Carson says the goal is to get someone to build owner-occupied townhomes.
"We haven't had any interest in that lately, but I'm still putting that out there and marketing that," he says. "It's still a tough housing market out there. It hasn't quite turned around completely, but it's trending towards the better. We hope in the future here, a developer will step forward."
The city’s redevelopment commission, Lafayette Urban Enterprise Association and Centennial Neighborhood Investment Group are partnering on the project.