Most Active Stories
- In Redrawn District, Democrats Targeting Mike Delph On His Gay Marriage Stance
- Outlook For Winter In Indiana Unclear
- Tippecanoe County polling locations set for 2014 primary election
- Frankfort Council Slows Mayor's Accelerated Push To Revamp Old Stoney
- Attorney General Proposes New Consumer Protection Laws
Thu January 26, 2012
CityBus Adding to Fleet
CityBus of Greater Lafayette is updating its fleet of vehicles in the next few months.
Board members approved a resolution to purchase three buses at a meeting Wednesday night.
General Manager Marty Sennett says the buses are “articulated,” meaning they bend in the middle.
He says they are longer than the standard 40-foot buses, and can carry more passengers.
Sennett expects to replace older buses in the fleet with the newer models by early March.
Wednesday night’s meeting also included a presentation of the results of CityBus’ 2011 passenger satisfaction survey.
More than 90-percent of the 640 respondents indicated they were using CityBus service to get to school or work.