Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
- Indiana Group Accusing Fannie Mae Of Racial Discrimination
Thu January 26, 2012
CityBus Adding to Fleet
CityBus of Greater Lafayette is updating its fleet of vehicles in the next few months.
Board members approved a resolution to purchase three buses at a meeting Wednesday night.
General Manager Marty Sennett says the buses are “articulated,” meaning they bend in the middle.
He says they are longer than the standard 40-foot buses, and can carry more passengers.
Sennett expects to replace older buses in the fleet with the newer models by early March.
Wednesday night’s meeting also included a presentation of the results of CityBus’ 2011 passenger satisfaction survey.
More than 90-percent of the 640 respondents indicated they were using CityBus service to get to school or work.