Most Active Stories
- Bill Would Open Birth Parent Records To More Adoptees
- Agribusiness Conference Touts Indiana As Possible 'Silicon Valley' Of Ag
- El Rodeo Owners Cop To Massively Under-reporting Sales Taxes
- Purdue Research Shows Some Meteorites Contain Planetary Residue
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
Arts & Culture
Tue October 2, 2012
Borges and the Sciences symposium at Purdue
Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) and the way his work intersects fiction, mathematics, and physics are examined during an event Wednesday at Purdue.
This interdisciplinary symposium includes a mathematician and a physicist who have already published extensively about Borges's literature and its relation with their disciplines. In addition, two internationally renowned Borges scholars will also participate.
A fiction reading with Dr. Martinez also is scheduled for Thursday, October 4 at 7:30 p.m. in the Krannert Auditorium (Room 140).