Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Arts & Culture
Tue October 2, 2012
Borges and the Sciences symposium at Purdue
Argentine writer Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986) and the way his work intersects fiction, mathematics, and physics are examined during an event Wednesday at Purdue.
This interdisciplinary symposium includes a mathematician and a physicist who have already published extensively about Borges's literature and its relation with their disciplines. In addition, two internationally renowned Borges scholars will also participate.
A fiction reading with Dr. Martinez also is scheduled for Thursday, October 4 at 7:30 p.m. in the Krannert Auditorium (Room 140).