Governor Mike Pence says he wants the State Budget Committee to release the second half of the Major Moves 2020 fund.
Two years ago, lawmakers put $400 million into what they called the Major Moves 2020 fund. It was meant for long-term, future projects.
Pence last year secured the release of half of the fund to add lanes to major interstates. The governor Tuesday announced he will ask the State Budget Committee to approve the transfer of the remaining $200 million. He says it will be used for capacity building.