Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
- Indiana Group Accusing Fannie Mae Of Racial Discrimination
Wed January 18, 2012
WL names new fire chief
West Lafayette's next fire chief will have an insider's knowledge of the department.
Mayor John Dennis promoted Timothy Heath to the position. Heath has been with the city since 1990, and served as a sergeant and lieutenant.
Dennis says he chose Heath from an internal pool of applicants, because of his training and certifications, which include leadership and command courses.
He takes over for Phil Drew, who served as chief for eight years and stepped down last month at the request of the mayor.
A pinning ceremony for Heath is set for Friday morning at West Lafayette City Hall.