Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Wed January 18, 2012
WL names new fire chief
West Lafayette's next fire chief will have an insider's knowledge of the department.
Mayor John Dennis promoted Timothy Heath to the position. Heath has been with the city since 1990, and served as a sergeant and lieutenant.
Dennis says he chose Heath from an internal pool of applicants, because of his training and certifications, which include leadership and command courses.
He takes over for Phil Drew, who served as chief for eight years and stepped down last month at the request of the mayor.
A pinning ceremony for Heath is set for Friday morning at West Lafayette City Hall.