Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
13.7: Cosmos And Culture
Sun December 23, 2012
Wait, Maybe We Are Living In A Simulation.
Originally published on Mon December 24, 2012 5:45 pm
A month or so ago, I wrote a post asking if everything we experience is nothing more than the result of a giant simulation run by super-advanced aliens.
"That's crazy!", some folks responded. "What are you smoking?"
Now a team of physicists at the University of Washington have announced research that might just be able to answer the simulation question (well, maybe get a start on answering that question).
The key is looking for constraints on the physics we experience that might come from it being nothing more than a program.
Who knows? Maybe a simulated universe with a simulated Santa might even be possible.
Here is the link to a story on the research. Enjoy, my fellow self-aware programs!