Most Active Stories
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
- Boiler Men's Basketball Focusing On Its Inconsistent Offense, Cincy's Tough Defense
Tue January 14, 2014
TSC granted waiver for one of three snow days
The Indiana Department of Education has approved the Tippecanoe School Corporation’s request to waiveone day of instructional time lost during the recent winter storm.
Students do not have to make up January 7th, but must make up January 8th and 9th.
TSC officials say the two days will be added to the end of the school year.
In a letter to the corporation, Director of the Office of School Accreditation George Frampton approved a waiver for January 7th based on historically low temperatures.
TSC canceled school on January 8th and 9th based on poor road conditions in some rural areas and subdivisions.
The Department of Education informed all Indiana schools waiver requests for those days would be denied.