Most Active Stories
- Long-Awaited Asian American And Asian Resource And Cultural Center To Open At Purdue
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- Marion Co. Prosecutor Opposes RFRA Because Of Legal Worries
- Sen. Coats Won't Support Lynch For U.S. Attorney General
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Election & Politics
Thu July 3, 2014
Tippecanoe County Democrats Fill Some Spots On The November Ballot, Leave Others Open
Tippecanoe County Democrats have slated six candidates for the November General Election.
At their caucus June 28th, Democrats slated Judge Tom Busch for Circuit Court Judge, Eric Grossman for county assessor, Ashley Smith for Fairfield Township Board, Larry Funk for Lauramie Township Board, Michael Childress for Wea Township Board, and Michael Oxenrider for Wabash Township Board.
WBAA’s Kristin Malavenda spoke with party chair Heather Maddox about how the candidates were chosen…and why the party historically has had difficulty filling all the spots on the ballot.