Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Tue July 10, 2012
Purdue touts successful fundraising year
Purdue is reporting a nearly $300 million year of fundraising.
For the fiscal year that ended June 30th, Purdue raised $298.8 million. According to the university, that’s the second highest fundraising total in its history and 32% more than what was raised in the previous fiscal year.
The record for fundraising was during fiscal year 2003, which brought in almost $311.7 million during the “Campaign for Purdue” effort under President Martin Jischke.
The university also reports President’s Council membership reached 18,456 in December, exceeding an 18,000 member goal set five years ago.
During President France Córdova’s five year tenure, Purdue raised $1.1 billion.
Vice President for Development Lisa Calvert says such results are similar to those reached with a formal fundraising campaign. She says fewer than five universities with official campaigns have brought in roughly the same amount as Purdue.