Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Sun December 2, 2012
Purdue to play in Heart of Dallas Bowl
The Purdue football team is heading to Texas for its final game of the season.
The Boilermakers will play Oklahoma State in the Heart of Dallas Bowl, January 1st.
Quarterback Robert Marve says the game is an opportunity for he and his fellow seniors to go out on a high note.
"Things got rough and the bad times were there for us this year and we haven't forgotten those times," said Marve. "It's fun to win football games. It's fine to go out and be IU by 21 points. That was a fun time. We want another experience like that. That's what we are looking for."
Purdue enters the game six-and-six and winners of three straight.
The Cowboys are seven-and-five, but have lost two in a row.
Defensive Tackle Kawann Short says he is proud of how the Boilers fought to make the post season. "We had high expectations for ourselves. We didn't come up to (them), but we did succeed that we were going to get to a bowl game," he said. "It didn't matter which one as long as we got to one. A lot of the freshman and seniors, the whole team, would be happy and fortunate to go to one." The Boilermakers and Cowboys met in the Alamo Bowl in 1997. Purdue won 33-20.