Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt & cracked pepper
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 pound good quality roast beef deli meat, diced
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, diced
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the onions and peppers in a bowl, add oil and salt and pepper to taste, then toss. Spread out on a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 40 minutes or until the peppers and onions begin to brown.
Place the vegetables, along with all the other ingredients, in a mixing bowl and use a spatula to incorporate everything together. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Place the mixture in a baking dish.
This can be made ahead, and covered and stored in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, heat oven to 350 degrees, remove cover, and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly and beginning to brown.
Serve with crackers or slices of French bread. This will serve ten or even more if it's one of several game-time snacks.