Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Election & Politics
Mon May 21, 2012
Pence picks Ellspermann as running mate
Republican gubernatorial candidate Mike Pence announced Monday that Sue Ellspermann will be his running mate in the fall.
Pence first unveiled his choice in the small DuBois County town of Ferdinand, Ellspermann’s home town.
Ellspermann has served a single term in the state House of Representatives. Prior to her election in 2010, she was the founding director of a research center at the University of Southern Indiana.
Her experience in the private sector includes 20 years running her own consulting firm. The former engineer also spent time at General Motors, Michelin and Frito-Lay.
Both the Pence campaign and 9th District Congressman Todd Young released statements touting Ellspermann’s job creation prospects as lieutenant governor.
Republican party delegates must still confirm Ellspermann as the lieutenant governor nominee at the state convention next month.