Most Active Stories
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
- Boiler Men's Basketball Focusing On Its Inconsistent Offense, Cincy's Tough Defense
Wed June 25, 2014
Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Tuition Freeze; The Role Of The NCAA
When he announced it last month, Mitch Daniels said Purdue's tuition freeze couldn't be permanent. Given factors such as rising personnel costs and inflation, he's right. So just how long is the program sustainable?
Also, after he weighed in on the role of the NCAA in college athletics, how does Purdue's president believe the West Lafayette campus should change how it treats its athletes, if at all?
And what's the future of the Purdue airport? Yes, it's slated to receive renovations and expand and it'll remain home to the school's aviation programs, but can the school do anything to restore commercial air service?
WBAA News Director Stan Jastrzebski poses these questions and more in our monthly conversation with Mitch Daniels.