Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Judging 'Failing' Charter Schools May Take Different Criteria
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
Wed June 25, 2014
Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Tuition Freeze; The Role Of The NCAA
When he announced it last month, Mitch Daniels said Purdue's tuition freeze couldn't be permanent. Given factors such as rising personnel costs and inflation, he's right. So just how long is the program sustainable?
Also, after he weighed in on the role of the NCAA in college athletics, how does Purdue's president believe the West Lafayette campus should change how it treats its athletes, if at all?
And what's the future of the Purdue airport? Yes, it's slated to receive renovations and expand and it'll remain home to the school's aviation programs, but can the school do anything to restore commercial air service?
WBAA News Director Stan Jastrzebski poses these questions and more in our monthly conversation with Mitch Daniels.