Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
- Indiana Group Accusing Fannie Mae Of Racial Discrimination
Wed January 11, 2012
Metal processing plant coming to Montgomery County
A metal processing company is building a new factory in Crawfordsville.
Herr-Voss Stamco will construct the 20,000 square-foot facility in the Nucor Road Industrial Corridor, southeast of the city.
The company is expecting to employ 25 people in high-wage positions at the location by 2014.
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation is offering Herr-Voss Stamco up to 225-thousand dollars in conditional tax credits based on the job creation plans.
Construction of the plant is scheduled to begin this year.
The company is looking for individuals qualified for positions such as Milling Machine Operators, Boring Mill Operators, and Assembly Fitters.