Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Thu February 9, 2012
This Means (Food) War: Obama Launches Marshmallow Offensive
Originally published on Wed February 8, 2012 4:07 pm
President Obama knows good weaponry when he sees it.
Yesterday, during the White House Science Fair, he had a chance to demo a marshmallow launcher, expertly crafted with Home Depot materials by an eighth-grader named Joey Hudy from Phoenix, Ariz. The president was not shy about pumping up the launcher to ensure that the marshmallow would soar.
As AFP reported, it flew across the room before hitting the wall near the entrance to the Red Room, an elegant state parlor full of rare 19th-century French furniture. Watch the video for more.