Most Active Stories
- Despite Progress, Honey Bee Population Continues To Decline
- Daniels To Ask For Tuition Freeze's 4th Year, 3.5% Salary Increases
- Young Entrepreneurs Test Their Business Skills On Lemonade Day
- Parklets: Economic Development Tool Or Waste Of Valuable Parking?
- Indiana Group Accusing Fannie Mae Of Racial Discrimination
Tue January 3, 2012
IU Health Arnett Hospital losing CityBus service
CityBus is ending service to IU Health Arnett hospital.
Route 7 busses will no longer run to the facility at McCarty Lane and County Road 500 East after this weekend.
The transit system reports low ridership to the hospital and an average per customer cost of $55. The system-wide average per passenger cost is about $2. Federal funding paid for part of the trip to the hospital.
General Manager Marty Sennett says the service could resume at some point in the future, when development grows in that area.
“Right now, the hospital exists more than 1.5 miles away from other developments that drive public transportation demand.”
The change also requires the relocation of bus stops at Walmart on Lafayette’s east side. The bus will no longer serve the front door of Walmart and will instead stop at bus stops along Commerce Dr. Sennett said this change is necessary to help the bus keep its new schedule.
You can see the new schedule is available online HERE.