Most Active Stories
- Long-Awaited Asian American And Asian Resource And Cultural Center To Open At Purdue
- Marion Co. Prosecutor Opposes RFRA Because Of Legal Worries
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Dorm Wars And Purdue Leave
- Pence Inks RFRA As Businesses Begin Shrinking Investment In Indiana
- House Minority Leader Skeptical Of Additions To DCS Budget, Personnel
Tue June 26, 2012
Fireworks ban extends to Purdue, WL
West Lafayette and Purdue are joining Lafayette in prohibiting the use of fireworks.
The move is done to prevent any fires during the current drought.
Both the university and cities also have implemented a burn ban.
The restrictions on fireworks will last through the ban or until Friday night at five. That’s when state law specifically allows the use of fireworks prior to the 4th of July holiday.
Anyone who violates the ban could face fines up to $250.