Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Tue June 26, 2012
Fireworks ban extends to Purdue, WL
West Lafayette and Purdue are joining Lafayette in prohibiting the use of fireworks.
The move is done to prevent any fires during the current drought.
Both the university and cities also have implemented a burn ban.
The restrictions on fireworks will last through the ban or until Friday night at five. That’s when state law specifically allows the use of fireworks prior to the 4th of July holiday.
Anyone who violates the ban could face fines up to $250.