Most Active Stories
- From Paleo To Plant-Based, New Report Ranks Top Diets Of 2015
- Proposed E-Cigarette Regulations Creating Controversy
- Pence's Education Policy Could Foretell Of A White House Run
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
- Pence's Teacher Performance Pay Plan Unpopular With Educators
Tue June 26, 2012
Fireworks ban extends to Purdue, WL
West Lafayette and Purdue are joining Lafayette in prohibiting the use of fireworks.
The move is done to prevent any fires during the current drought.
Both the university and cities also have implemented a burn ban.
The restrictions on fireworks will last through the ban or until Friday night at five. That’s when state law specifically allows the use of fireworks prior to the 4th of July holiday.
Anyone who violates the ban could face fines up to $250.