Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Arts & Culture
Tue March 5, 2013
Civic Theatre forming advisory council
Civic Theatre’s board of directors is creating a new panel to give input on the organization. The group will be in addition to the organization’s 17 member governance body.
Managing Director Steve Koehler calls it a new resource to improve Civic Theatre.
“We are looking to fill it with all our stakeholders – our patrons, our donors, our past board members and, hopefully, our future board members as well.”
He says those interested will simply advise the theater and organization as it goes forward. The goal is to have an informal social group.
“We’re looking to have a handful of celebrations every year,” says Koehler. “To bring the advisory council together and just talk to them about where we are in the theater, where the organization is going.”
He says the Theatre’s board and staff want people to have a little more ownership through their input.
The call-out on March 20 is from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. and will consist of a short informational meeting, networking opportunities, and a preview of the entertainment that Civic Theatre has to offer over the next year. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be provided. RSVP’s are welcome to Steve Koehler at email@example.com or by calling 765-423-7529. Walk-ins also are welcome.