Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Thu February 21, 2013
Camper Van Beethoven On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu February 21, 2013 4:45 pm
After a nine-year hiatus, the venerable rock band Camper Van Beethoven has returned with its eighth studio album, La Costa Perdida. Thematically, the record revolves around midlife nostalgia and the group's California roots. Core members David Lowery, Jonathan Segel and Greg Lischer recruited Michael Urbano and Frank Funaro, both known for their work in Lowery's band Cracker, to collaborate on the recordings and subsequent performances.
Here, Camper Van Beethoven brings its mix of psychedelia, country, ska and Mexican styles to World Café, and talks with host David Dye about its reunion.