Most Active Stories
- From Paleo To Plant-Based, New Report Ranks Top Diets Of 2015
- Proposed E-Cigarette Regulations Creating Controversy
- Pence's Education Policy Could Foretell Of A White House Run
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
- Pence's Teacher Performance Pay Plan Unpopular With Educators
Mon July 2, 2012
Burn ban to remain in place
There’s no chance the ban on private fireworks displays will be lifted before the Fourth of July.
That’s according to Tippecanoe Emergency Management Agency director Smokey Anderson.
He says conditions are still too dry, despite the rain in the area over the weekend.
Anderson says public fireworks displays will still be allowed, as long as organizers have the proper permits.
He says the burn ban will remain in place beyond the holiday, because it also prohibits open fires.