Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Mon April 30, 2012
Bowman off 4th Congressional District ballot
A candidate in the Fourth Congressional District race is being kicked off the November ballot.
The Libertarian Party elected to remove Joe Bowman’s name after it was discovered that he lied about his criminal record when registering for the nomination.
The State Central Committee notes that the Lafayette resident “misrepresented” himself at the state convention and rescinded his bid for the seat.
Party officials are seeking a replacement candidate now. They have until June 30th to do so.
Tara Nelson and Lester Moore are competing for the Democratic nomination.
Primary voters will decide on May 8th who will challenge Republican Incumbent Todd Rokita in November.