Most Active Stories
- Bill Would Open Birth Parent Records To More Adoptees
- Agribusiness Conference Touts Indiana As Possible 'Silicon Valley' Of Ag
- El Rodeo Owners Cop To Massively Under-reporting Sales Taxes
- Purdue Research Shows Some Meteorites Contain Planetary Residue
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Resolving To Be Better
Mon April 30, 2012
Bowman off 4th Congressional District ballot
A candidate in the Fourth Congressional District race is being kicked off the November ballot.
The Libertarian Party elected to remove Joe Bowman’s name after it was discovered that he lied about his criminal record when registering for the nomination.
The State Central Committee notes that the Lafayette resident “misrepresented” himself at the state convention and rescinded his bid for the seat.
Party officials are seeking a replacement candidate now. They have until June 30th to do so.
Tara Nelson and Lester Moore are competing for the Democratic nomination.
Primary voters will decide on May 8th who will challenge Republican Incumbent Todd Rokita in November.