Most Active Stories
- Coach Painter in the Final Four of national charity challenge
- Watchdog Group Wants Purdue Fined For Deaths Of Research Animals
- StoryCorps founder Dave Isay reveals his wish at TED2015
- Tobacco Cessation Program For Mothers Provides Immediate Incentive For Long-Term Success
- Purdue Professor Contributes To New Federal Dietary Guidelines
Wed February 13, 2013
Billy Cobham On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu November 6, 2014 3:13 pm
From his 1970s breakthrough as a founding member of the Mahavishnu Orchestra to his influential role as a leading drummer in the style of jazz and jazz-fusion, Billy Cobham remains a powerful musical explorer. Born in Panama, raised in New York and residing in Switzerland, he translates his multicultural experience into a blend of jazz, rock and funk.
Cobham has produced more than 40 albums and collaborated with artists like Miles Davis, John McLaughlin and the Brecker Brothers, and he's in the midst of a tour celebrating the 40th anniversary of his debut album, Spectrum. Here, he talks with host David Dye about recording with Miles Davis and communicating with bandmates both on and off stage.
This World Cafe segment was originally published on February 13, 2013.