Most Active Stories
- Purdue Student Convicted Of Murder Found Dead In Jail Cell
- Monthly Conversation With Mitch Daniels: Ebola And State Ed. Funding
- State And IBM Going Before Indiana Supreme Court Thursday
- State Supreme Court Agrees To Hear Case About School Bus Fees
- Tippecanoe County polling locations set for 2014 primary election
News Host/Producer and Corporate Support Representative
Job Number: 1402689
The successful candidate will be WBAA's afternoon drive host, who will be responsible for anchoring the station's local broadcast of NPR's All Things Considered. But that'll only be a part of your day. The rest will be spent in WBAA's award-winning newsroom reporting on local stories that affect the citizens of West Central Indiana. We seek someone who's equally well-versed in crafting sound-rich feature stories and producing spot news for newscasts on tight deadlines. You'll be part of an expanding newsroom that's committed to quality-before-quantity journalism and differentiating WBAA's journalism from local commercial outlets.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of previous work experience as a reporter, writer, producer, editor or host.
- Strong broadcast writing and reporting skills along with impeccable ethics and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of AP style as well as experience working in the digital space.
- Experience writing, producing and editing long-form feature stories, as well as spot news reporting.
- Ability to be comfortable interviewing and hosting public radio programs in an NPR style.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications.
- Experience at a public media station.
- Some weekend and evening work is required for this position.
- Some travel is required for this position.
- A background check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Purdue University is also searching for a Corporate Support Representative at WBAA AM/FM.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who appreciates the mission of public radio and can convey the benefits of WBAA to the business community. The successful candidate will work with one other Corporate support rep. and report to the General Manager.
WBAA operates three channels; News, Classical and Jazz on AM, FM and HD2. Besides being the oldest continually operating radio station in Indiana (1922), WBAA is also the only public radio station in the Lafayette area which gives our corporate support team a significant advantage in generating revenue for the station.
West Lafayette, Indiana is one of the best places to live in the country with nationally ranked public schools and a top research University in Purdue. The University is a great place to work and has excellent benefits. The position is 100% salary-based and the range is $38-43K.
WBAA strives to be a positive and healthy working environment where management leads by example, inspires staff and strives for continuous improvement.
Full job description online:
Search WBAA or Job # 1401884
Contact GM Mike Savage at 765-494-3960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
WBAA is looking for established organizations that regularly distribute information about employment opportunities to job applicants or have job applicants to refer.
If your organization would like to receive notification of job vacancies at WBAA, please notify the General Manager at 765-494-5920. You may also send your contact information to WBAA, 712 Third Street, West Lafayette Indiana 47907 or email email@example.com. WBAA is an equal opportunity employer.