WBAA at Purdue University has a rare opening for an Operations Director to join our team of creative professionals that provides exceptional content to West Central Indiana on the radio and through other digital platforms.
The Operations Director responsible for scheduling pre-recorded and live programming on all WBAA content channels including AM/FM/HD2 platforms, maintain program schedules and logs for all stations, oversee and troubleshoot broadcast transmitters and manage automation system to achieve the highest quality broadcast service.
WBAA is a positive, affirming environment that values creativity and experimentation. We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with at least three years of experience with public media operations, experience with broadcast automation systems, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well on a number of projects simultaneously and effectively. The candidate we choose should also have a desire for excellence and a passion for public broadcasting.
Because we’re a university licensee, the pay is very competitive and the benefits are outstanding, including plenty of paid time off so you can stay energized. We place a high value on job-life balance and are proud that our staff looks forward to coming to the station each day to make a difference.
Join our award-winning team.
- Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting, Electrical Engineering or related.
- One year of experience with public media operations.
- Consideration will be given to an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with broadcast automation systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with ability to work well on a number of projects simultaneously and effectively.
- Proficiency with computer software.
- Detail-oriented, organized, dedicated and results-oriented.
- Broadcast operational troubleshooting skills.
- Familiarity with public radio distribution platforms including Content Depot and PRX.
- Knowledge of web platforms including NPR's Core Publisher.
- Computer troubleshooting skills.
- Experience supervising students.
- Weekend and evening work may be required for this position.
- A Background Check will be required for employment in this position.
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.